Summary of the Letter of Agreement between the FAA and LVRC
EFFECTIVE: AUGUST 27, 2020
PILOT RESPONSIBILITIES AND AGREEMENT
All LVRCC members and LVRCC Academy of Model Aeronautics (AMA) guest pilots must be familiar with and comply with the procedures in this agreement.
- Operational area is active only during daylight hours and defined as follows: 7am to dusk.
- “See And Avoid” procedures in accordance with AMA document #540 are in effect.
- All routine operations will be at or below 1000 feet Above Ground Level (AGL).
- Operations above 1000 feet AGL up to and including 2000 feet AGL are authorized in accordance with the following conditions :
b. If equipped, the return to home point of the UAS must be set to a location within the Bennett Field Operational Area.
- Notify LAS ATC via email (9-AJT-LAS-Airspace@faa.gov) at least one (1) business day in advance of requested operation.
NOTE: Pilot should ensure that notification has been made. A link to an automated email message is on the home page of the club at www.LVRC.CLUB.
Please check this to see if the email has already been sent for the day before starting operations.
- All operations must be contained within the operational area and conform to all current federal, state, and local governmental laws and regulations (see bulletin board for map.)
- In the event an aircraft is lost outside of the defined operational area please immediately notify a club officer: